The historic Oxford University Examination Schools is situated in the centre of the medieval city of Oxford and is Grade II list building ideal for conferences and other events. It was designed and built by Thomas Jackson as the University examination centre between 1876 and 1881. The building stands on a part of the site of the Angel Inn, which is reputed to have been the first Inn in England. Each year thousands of undergraduates sit their exams in this historical Grade II listed building, which is commonly known as the “Schools” in traditional sub-fusc (black and white attire which is an Oxford tradition that is still rigidly enforced).
See http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/schools/contact/map/ for more details.